Sunday 22 April 2012

String Shelving System



You may remember a few days ago I mentioned that I was getting a little bored of my current, perfectly functional bookcase. I decided what I wanted was a bit of a blank canvas, so I could create my own space but at the same time had character too it. Realistically size is a massive issue, but today I fell in love with the string shelving system, and logic has kind of gone out the window! In 1949 Nils Strinning designed this lightweight yet stable style of shelving. Using a thin string like structure and panels that assemble with as many or as little components as you want to create your bookcase/workspace. I love the idea of having a built in desk into my bookcase. I have little storage space, but am one of those people who like too show off my collection of books, films and all my other rubbish, so the occasional draw to put any paperwork is handy, but mainly the shelving approach suits me down to a T. Only one issue, this is so insanely out of my price range I can’t even begin to comprehend why am I getting my hopes up *Sigh*, oh well! You can view more details right here at Haus!
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment