Thursday 12 April 2012

Alex Hammond tube table



Those of you who know me pretty well will know I have a weird ‘thing’ for the London Underground. Is it because my dissertation was on it, so I have been studying it for over a year now? Is it because it reminds me of being a kid? Or is it because it’s just really awesome and everyone should love it? Anything TFL related and I am just all over it, you may remember the Squint X London Transport Museum chair or the vintage train racks I covered a few months ago. This is another of those wonderful opportunities to share a piece of Transport love, in particular in the form of the map.



The tube map is particularly close to me, I love every element and aspect of it so when my boyfriend sent me this table from Alex Hammond I got sadly excited…I probably cried a little. It is a laser cut glass coffee table, stripped of all colour and text we are left with those iconic lines that create the pattern of the underground. With two layers of glass, one being the cut glass, it creates a perfect shadow of lines when lit from above. For me this is my idea of the perfect coffee table, check out more of Alex Hammond’s work here.
Sophie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment