Tuesday 3 April 2012

Stig Lindberg


I think I have just ashamed myself a little bit, long story short by laughing at a fat horse. Not what you think, I love animals, but this adorably short podgy horse had me in fits. Maybe it's the promise of summer being cruelly snatched away from me today by the rain, but I couldn't stop giggling at this little fella. Simply named Horse sculpture he is one of the iconic works of Stig Lindberg THE Swedish ceramic design god. Despite his work being majorly popular in the 1950's his work still lives on as some of the most beautifully crafted and fun ceramics on the market. His playful work with ceramics have become iconic and inspired thousands. This Horse was originally made in 1950, but wouldn't be out of place in a modern art gallery. Lindberg was ahead of his time, and for me is the Father of modernity in ceramics. As most of his work is now antique and incredibly popular, you will struggle to find real copies and not pay a leg, but to get a good over view of his work visit Modernity. However, It's not all doom and gloom, he also designed a series of fabrics, which are now available at Design House stockholm! I'm still giggling at this horse...maybe too much coffee today?
Sophie xo








No comments:

Post a Comment