Thursday 19 April 2012

My favourite teapots


Something I want to ‘get into’ a bit more is teapots. A bit of an odd one I know but I just love them. They stand for so much to me, that feeling of always being welcome, of cosy winter afternoons watching a bad Christmas film, and the never ending possibilities of shape, colour and design. I just love a good teapot! It might sound a bit lame but teapots can say a lot about the owner, for example my teapot is a hand painted multi coloured striped number. So I have picked out three of my favourite teapots  right now.

My first option is this very lovely enamel tea/coffee pot from Wild and Wolf, it’s not often you find an enamel teapot any more so I instantly adored it. This cute folk style pot has a quirky illustration on front and back and is a beautiful tall thin shape, it’s the perfect balance of vintage and modern.  Next up is this beautiful oriental style teapot, which has a built in infuser, so if you a bit of tea connoisseur and only leaf will do it’s perfect! I love the bright teal mixed with the bamboo lid, it’s from a collaboration of Typhoon and Ching He Huang. Finally is this nautical number from Whittards. Its hand painted stripes give it a maritime feel, and it has a 6 cup capacity, so if you’re an entertainer it’s the perfect pot. You can see these three at Wild and wolf, Heal’s and Whittards, have fun brewing!
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment