Sunday 15 April 2012

Joseph Hoffman


Time for a little Sunday History lesson, on Joseph Hoffman. Hoffman has to be one of my favourite designers of the early 1900’s. He was an architect, designer and all round awesome man. Although for some his more famed work is in architecture, for me it’s his furniture. He designed the Kubus chair (below) and the Sitzmachine armchair, he also designed one of my favourite chandliers, the Serge chandelier (above).  Serge was the original chandelier at the Café Sabarsky in New York, made of small glass beads this design perfectly reflects the Art Deco style of the time. It’s elegant, big and is one serious statement piece. I have found a website called Woka, that perfectly reproduce classic light pieces, and serge is there (Yay). I am also a massive fan of this pendant light also from Hoffman, I love the long chain with the star like finish, this would look amazing in a bathroom. Everything Hoffman designed oozed elegance and his lighting is no different. Have a look on Woka, for some brilliant little numbers.
Sophie xo





No comments:

Post a Comment