Sunday 19 February 2012

Vintage Tea Set


It has to be said, as much as I wish I was a swiss modernist loving, money to burn kinda gal who can wander around Tottenham Court Road buying expensive Eames chairs i'm just not! *Sigh* as much as I wish I was (and could afford to be.) I will forever be a vintage/ charity shop haunter, always searching for a bargain. My first port of call upon entering pretty much every charity shop, is the china. Flowery, stripey, gold plaited or even some cheeky pink frills, any antique china has it's own personal charm. 



Now I originally live in the country side of Essex, where vintage and antique centers are bountiful, but now in my little London nest, I struggle to find cheap, reasonably priced charity shops! Unlike the Essex shops run by loving grannies who don't really get why you want the chipped tea set, Londoners have clocked on that this stuff is worth a fortune! So...onto the next best thing, Etsy! Most of the time I don't condone online vintage buying, but when push comes to shove (for my purse) it has to be done! And sites like Etsy and eBay have to be the next best thing. 




And one last note, if your bored on a Sunday, teacup candles are a must! I recently got a little start up candle making kit (thanks to Mummy Soph!) and had hours of fun making these little cuties, plus it was very rewarding and every time I light one up I become extremely smug, much to the my house mates enjoyment. 
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment