Monday 5 March 2012

Sketch Restaurant by Martin Creed


Morning all! It's Monday morning, probably most of the populations least favourite day, so I feel a bit of cheering up in order. My flatmate just gave me a Massive cookie...so my Monday is starting off pretty god damn well!! I wanted to share something a bit crazy, colourful and something that makes me grin from ear to ear like a child! Sketch Restaurant in Mayfair, London is renowned for a blend of tasty food, art and music. For a long time I have wanted to go just to drink in the atmosphere, but with their recent 'exhibition' I think I'm going to have to convince someone to take me! 




Martin Creed won the turner prize in 2001, famous for his sculpture work of staking chairs...maybe getting him to design a restaurant space was a weenie bit risky, but man did he deliver!! This exciting colourful space uses every piece of furniture in the restaurant to create a mash of styles and eras. Although I have only seen pictures the space really seems to work, the only problem I see is me wanting to buy 90% of the chairs. Check out more images and how to eat at Sketch here, and make sure you check out their other rooms!
Sophie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment