Thursday 29 March 2012

Brandts Indoor

At the moment something that is completely covering the market is Ikat patterns, the mexican/indian/moroccan style of little a striped pattern. It is appearing on cushions, rugs, bedding all kinds of soft furnishings, personally I love it! I love a busy pattern and Ikat has most definitely got that going on, but because it is getting pretty popular I wanted to find something a bit more original. I completely fell in love with these pieces from Brandts indoor, a scandinavian design focused company that take inspiration from retro and unique pieces. Most of their products have an ethnic vibe to them and look vintage and a little worn, but this is the key to such pieces. Making them look loved and well used makes them a feature in any room, creating a cosy and inviting environment. I especially love this hand knotted rug (above) I love the deep red with the bright pops of orange and pink, plus it's hand made, so now I'm just completely crazy about it and am going to start saving! Have a browse here.
Sophie xo





No comments:

Post a Comment