Tuesday 27 March 2012

Grain hemp mirrors


One thing I love about writing this blog, is that occasionally I see a product or design that makes me feel all warm and fizzy inside. It makes me grin when I see something that is unique, well crafted and beautiful. When it makes me want to question how it was made and where. Today, that product  comes from Grain, a Washington based design studio that produce jewellery, mirrors and shower curtains (a bit of a random mix). In particular I love their bound mirrors, they are made from a birch base with coloured hemp twine wound around the frame. You can customise each mirror's colours to suit your style and home, and I just love the craftsmanship that these radiate! They are so individual and although they are a little pricey at $750 for a small, they are such a statement yet are still functional. I just love them, so see more here.
Sophie xo 





No comments:

Post a Comment