Wednesday 22 February 2012

D.I.Y Cakestand


It is a well known fact to all my family and friends, that I really like cake. All sorts of cake, chocolate, ginger, Victoria sponge you name it, I'll nom it. I'm also (massive smug face) pretty good at baking, last night I make some pretty fine looking brownies, which I then ate way too many of and went to bed feeling sorry for myself. But for all you smug bakers out there, there is the moment when you pop out the cake, ice the cupcakes or sprinkle with icing sugar that you think 'Damn they look good, now I just need a fancy plate to display them'...and then all hell breaks loose.


 I have a very strange wire cake stand, and am forever oggling at the expensive Victorian style ones made of vintage china. However today after a very enlightening conversation with my mum on the phone about making your own cupcake stands I am determined to give it a crack. So now here is some inspiration to get me going! First...I need to decide on what plates (or in some cases wood?!) I will use, do I want a rustic or a posh tea party feel. Then do I want a vintage Victorian style handle (you can buy them on eBay here) an old candle holder (used above) or some pretty glasses or cups acting as tiers? Finally a bit of hot glue or a drill and hey presto, something to make my cakes look even better!! Now I'm off to eat more brownies, I never learn.
Sophie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment