Thursday 29 March 2012

Inspired by...Cleopatra


I remember when I was about 5-6, still in primary school in year 2 or 3 and my sister did a whole project on Egyptians. I remember flicking through a book we had and being super excited to be in year 5 so I got to learn about them. When that day came....we no longer learnt about Egyptians, I was pretty heart broken and have always felt a little cheated that I missed out on them...not that I'm bitter or anything. So Ancient Egypt has always held a certain kind of magic for me, where I don't really know a lot about it, just that I know I love it! 


We have all seen the wonderful Elizabeth Taylor bring Cleopatra to life in the 1963 film. Taking this as bit of inspiration I have based this weeks Inspired by around Cleopatra and Ancient Egypt. Really It is an excuse for me too hunt out lots of gold things, but I have tried to find a few bits that are a modern take on her luxe lifestyle of gold plated everythings and seductive dark walls. I especially love this bobble effect gold bowl from Dwell and the little trio of copper, brass and steal lights from Tom Dixon. 
Sophie xo





1. Chubi 909 Rug, £ Available on request. 2. Void mini lights, £235. 3. Lavish Chaise, John Jenkins, £2470. 4. Murano glass bowl, £49. 5. Attar of Rose, Murobond, $ approx 41. 6. Attimo white marble stool, £2,086. 7. Seletti Midas, 24 pieces gold Cutlary, £155. 8. Newgate Starburst clock, £85. 





1 comment:

  1. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. COming site desksta

    ReplyDelete