Thursday 1 March 2012

Inspired by...Marie Antoinette 1780 French Court


I welcome you to my first ever feature on the blog!! Exciting...yes I know. This feature will be called 'Inspired by...' I will draw inspiration from books, painting and periods of History, to bring you some modern day solutions to some extravagant living. I can't guarantee 100% that my historical knowledge is correct (I will probably be calling on my sister for that who has a masters in History *big cheesy grin to her!*) but I will be giving it a good shot, and hopefully you guys won't be too picky if i'm a few centuries out! So lets get going with out first Inspiration, the french court of Marie Antoinette in 1780.


This was a pretty easy starting point, french style furniture is HUGE at the moment, the whole shabby chic look is here to stay it would seem. Although some of the pieces are just shabby to me, there can be no doubt that the furniture has class, elegance and with the right accessories can look really beautiful. I have chosen a few pieces I have found through browsing that remind me of a french palace, bought into modern day. A lot of my examples are pretty dark, simply because those where the objects I was drawn too, I love dark furniture with white walls or vice versa with a dark wall and light furniture. Oh, and the teacup lamp, I heard she drank Tea a lot...and I really love it! Enjoy, and don't forget to eat some cake while your at it!
Sophie xo

1. Antique Settee, $3,495. 2. Ballroom Chandelier, £505. 3. Vintage Rose Wallpaper, $200. 4. Rococo Vanity Mirror, £38. 5. Teacup Lamp, £50. 6. Gold Cutlery, £155. 7. Pastorale Fabric, £18 per Meter. 8. Louis Bedside Table by John Reeves, £725.  9. Penelope Chair, $1,320.

1 comment: