Thursday 22 March 2012

Inspired by...Charles and Ray Eames


This weeks Inspired by... comes from, in my opinion, the best design duo ever to contribute to the world of design. You have probably seen their chairs, their hangers or their side tables before and didn't even known. Their designs are timeless and classic and everyone wants a piece of it, even if you dont know who they are! I talk about Charles And Ray Eames, married for over 40 year's they created film, architecture, fine art, furniture and designed the famous Eames house, above. I have picked out a few of my favourite pieces and their most popular, this pair are truly inspirational and I hope we can enjoy their beautiful designs for many more years. My absolute favourite piece is the Lounge chair and foot stall in black, number 1 it is elegant and for me is a piece of art in itself...so again everyone it is my birthday soon. 
Sophie xo



1. Lounger chair and foot stool black, £5065. 2. Esu bookcase, £1804. 3. Eames House bird, £124. 4. Hang it all coat rack, £194. 5. LCW Plywood chair, £982. 6. Eames Inspired cow chair, £247.20. 7. DAR armchair, £292.  8. Eames Elephant, £156.

1 comment:

  1. Charles and Ray Eames designs are really very beautiful and comfortable. These designs are also available at affordable prices. Thanks for sharing this useful information with items list.

    ReplyDelete