Sunday 25 March 2012

East London Furniture


A few days ago I was saying how much I love it when you find a designer or studio in your area, that brilliant feeling of knowing they are just around the corner and you may or may not have bumped into them at some point. Today is a slightly further away example of this, fresh from Hoxton which is about half hours walk away from me, comes East London Furniture, a brilliant little studio dedicated to using only reclaimed materials. All of their furniture focuses on form and shape, they work with strong woods and pops of colour to bring rustic looking pieces. All of their material used is either from landfills or unwanted pieces of furniture, for me this just adds to the whole look and feel of each piece. You can really sense the pride and passion that has gone into each piece, I have picked a few bits I love most, their examples on their website are limited so if your around that way pop into their store on Hoxton Street to check it out. 
Sophie xo







No comments:

Post a Comment