Tuesday 1 May 2012

Notknot Cushions



Earlier I was reading this brilliant interview on Snoop-around featuring Ragnheiður and Ragnar Freyr a design couple who live in Iceland. Ragnar Freyr is a Graphic Designer and Ragnheiður is a Product Designer. I noticed several things while reading this, one they are insanely similar to me and my boyfriend it’s a little bit creepy, two they have a pug…only my life time ambition and three Ragnheiður creates the most amazing cushions ever (did I mention the pug?)  Her cushions are called Notknots, they are a complex web of carefully designed knots taken from nautical and decorative themes. Each one is handmade and is tightly tied to create a soft and cosy cushion to sit on. I just love them, they are so playful and are the perfect size to go anywhere from sofa to bed. I bet their pug, Panda loves sitting on them! I would love to say you can buy them here, but sadly I can’t seem to find where to buy them, but here is her website she designs under the name Umemi.
Sophie xo




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie!

    came across your blog and enjoy it very much. Thank you so much for the kind words.
    The Notknot pillows are available here: http://reykjavikcornerstore.com/notknot-pillows

    The plan is to have them available in England early 2013 :)

    All the best!

    Ragnheiður

    ReplyDelete