Thursday 31 May 2012

Leif



At the moment I have been discovering a lot of brands – in reality I just want to share the entire collection with you! Today comes a company called Leif they have such beautiful products I’m not sure where to begin. Ok, first off has to be these amazing gemstoneslabs, as a kid I had this big lump of amethyst from somewhere, I use to love it and play with it all the time, so I just love these little coaster/trivet slabs. They are a marbled mix of beautiful gem stone colours and I love the endless possibilities with them. One suggestion I love is using it as a little teapot rest, perfect for protecting your worktops and looking gooood! Next up is this tray and spreader set, made from olivewood and bone it is the perfect party centrepiece with just some simple fruit or cheese on. What makes it more amazing is it is handmade in Kenya, so you can really feel the craftsmanship and care that has gone into every detail. So lastly is something a bit different, at first I was a bit confused then I read a little more and thought “Awesome!”. These vases are in the shape of various items of rubbish this particular one is a Dish detergent bottle, the rubbish was taken off the streets of Helsinki, and challenges our perceptions of beauty. When this familiar shape is made of a chalky neutral porcelain, I can’t help but fall in love! So there you have my best bits from Leif but check them out yourselves!
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment