Wednesday 30 May 2012

Tom Dixon




For a long time now I have searched for a brand that are the ultimate british designers. A designer that for me, is british design. And I think I have found it in the form of TomDixon. Creating probably the most unique and best hand crafted lights in the business, the collection is full of fresh looks and unique materials. Established in 2002, Tom Dixon has been dropping design bombs on us ever since, especially in the lighting sector - although they do dabble in furniture too. What I love about the work is how refreshing it is, big hefty mirror balls remind me a 90's party but at the same time the pressed glass series has a much more elegant theme to them. Time and time again they create trends, they are at the forefront of the current copper trend with their stunning copper shade and the Beat series. All in all, for me I think these are could be the best lighting designs out there at the moment! Check out their whole range here, and enjoy!
Sophie xo









No comments:

Post a Comment