Wednesday 16 May 2012

Martha Schwindling



Today I have begun the very slow process of expanding the blog a little to Facebook and Twitter…it is taking a while as I am so indecisive over what I want where! So over the next few weeks there will be a few changes going on, a bit of spring cleaning if you like! Lately I have been getting really into product design, and the way things are made. I love it when you find something that is obviously hand made, but I love it even more when you find something that is handmade but doesn’t look it. I’m not sure that makes much sense, so for example something hand made, a painting…pretty obvious but then something not obvious would be a desk, beautifully crafted with a lot of skill. Today’s post comes from Martha Schwindling a German born product designer who is still at university, but is creating some seriously beautiful pieces. My two favorites are the Sphere dressing table, a beautifully clear and elegant piece of furniture design that displays minimalism at it’s very best. My other favourite is Float, a small steel shelf that consists of two parts of a wardrobe, somewhere to hang things from and a small flat surface. Again it is so minimalist and simple yet makes such a statement in the bold sky blue. I love her work, she is most definitely someone to watch out for in the future, so good luck! Sadly Float is not in production but Schoenbuch makes Sphere.
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment