Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tula Pink


There comes a time in everyones life, when you wish you where someone else. Not because your unhappy with your own life, but just because someone else's is so friggin awesome you literally want to steal their identity (...That sounded really creepy...I don't actually want to do that, it's a figure of speech, I hope.) For me, today is that day, actually most days is that day, i'm pretty jelly of most peoples talents. I welcome you to the weird and wonderful, punky world of Tula Pink, fabric design extraordinaire! 



Her bright colour palettes, brilliant themes and subtle incorporation of animals, from lizards to owls, literally made me squeal in delight (Sorry housies!) I love her clear and utter devotion to design and how she completely ignores all fabrics on the market, she embraces each design element with such ferocity and really incorporates herself into the designs. My particular favourite collection is from her current line called Prince Charming (top image), with 30 fabrics per collection this lady has a hell of a lot of creativity! 


Check out her website for plenty more fabrics, and keep an eye out, her new collection, Nightshade is due out in April. It tells the story of the three Von Black sisters....is there any limit to this ladies genius!! 
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment