Sunday 26 February 2012

Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair


It is that time of year again when all the good design festivals start to rear their epic heads. Offset is in a few weeks time, Ideal home starts in May but this week it's all about the Stockholm furniture & light fair...even though it was actually a few weeks ago but still! I would of loved to go to this bad boy, Sweden is famous for it's modernist furniture and graphics, and this year they didn't dissapoint. Showcasing some of the freshest talents at the forefront of furniture design, this was always set to be an impressive exhibition of home décor.


Now comes the biggest challenge, showing you guys the crème de la crème of the exhibitors, the best bits and highlights. My only issue is if I did that we would be here all day. Now to get the best examples I have had to filch a few snaps from one of my favourite magazines Wallpaper*, who covered the fair excellently, so please check out their other photos from the exhibition, there are some real corkers! I love love love Steffan Holms, Spin stool I'm not always persuaded about stools, they remind me of school but these look striking with a modern twist *nudge nudge*....sorry. For some reason I am completely crazy about this oak cabinet, I think for me to for a designer to ignore colour, or a varnished finish and to produce something so pure and elegant is really a breathe of fresh air! It's a simple classic design but has shed loads of character. Like I say, check out Wallpaper* for more on the event, or on the Stockholm furniture fair's website for information about next year.
Sophie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment