Tuesday 3 July 2012

Klaus Haapaniem


Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I wrote about Klaus Haapaniemi’s work, I featured his beautiful collection of Korento dinnerware. So I wanted to dedicate a post just to him, as I just love his work. Although designed under the name Klaus Haapaniemi, it is actually a design duo between him and designer Mia Wallenius, he brings the artwork and she brings the work to life through the design of the product. Their work is inspired by Finnish folklore, nature and fantasy. They themselves describe their work as “traditional decorative arts with a modern twist” a perfect description of these beautiful pieces of work. Now onto the products, really where to begin?! They do cushions, prints, scarves, ceramics and throws in a vast collection of different patterns and colours. So I have picked out a few of my best bits for you. My first is this beautiful shawl (Not very housey I know but I just love that design!) I love how it tells a story and really comes alive it’s 70% wool and 30% silk, it is just so beautiful I want to cry a little. Next up has to be this brilliant hand painted cushion cover, featuring a very comical and characteristic crane. Perfect for any set up this fun, witty piece will brighten up all furniture, from bed to sofa. Finally (this one was tough) I have gone for this stunning print – I know I am always sharing prints – but this one has something different. For me it’s that colour way, the barely there white and duck egg blue on the backdrop of silver/grey just adds so much elegance and makes it a tender and delicate portrait. So there we go, my best bits from Klaus Haapaniemi’s collection, check it out for yourself and pick your owns favourites though!
Sophie xo







No comments:

Post a Comment