Monday 23 July 2012

Viya's wicker works - Hand Woven Plates


The weather over here in London has been absolutely beautiful today! As I lay sprawled out on my bed with the fan inches from my face (in a ridiculously English attempt to cool myself down) i'm still reeling at the fact that it hasn’t rained...it's the first day in weeks it hasn’t rained! So I am feeling in a very summery mood, and while having a little browse came across theme beautiful hand woven placemats, bowls and plates. For me they just scream out Mediterranean summer time, hot nights sitting outside with a nice bottle of wine, trying to slap the gnats away! Woven plates are a traditional way of serving bread, fruit or sweets and I love their completely rustic vibe. These ones are from Viya's wicker works a brilliant little Etsy shop. Each one is hand woven using completely natural materials, they also have a small hook on the back, so you can hang them on the walls to create a really rustic feature when they aren’t in use. I just love this look, mixed with some terracotta planters, brightly patterned table cloth and some fresh flowers a summer tea party is set! See more designs from Viya's here.
Sophie xo











2 comments: