Friday 27 July 2012

Olympic Posters

Groannnn. It may shock you to hear that as a Londoner, I really can't stand the Olympics! It starts today and I'm already counting down the days till it's over! All of the roads are closed, everywhere is jam packed with people and is making very grumpy commuters (like Moi) even grumpier! But I feel it is my duty to do at least one olympics themed post! So for me the best thing to come out of any olympics is the art work, be that from the ad campaigns to the street art created in response to it. I especially love the vintage posters from the 40's to 60's they are so iconic and retro, and really show the times and culture of the hosting nation. I have picked out a few of my favourite posters from various collections. Enjoy!
Sophie xo

Selfridges, Framed Moscow 1980, £35.00


London 2012 Store, Chris Ofili: for the Unknown runner, £7.00


Ebay, Paris 1924, £3.95


Not on the High Street, Moscow 1972, £12.71.


Etsy, collection of Vintage stamps, £0.82.






No comments:

Post a Comment