Wednesday 18 July 2012

Joanathan Adler - Teal and Gold


For a long long time one of my favourite colours has been teal, I love how exotic it feels and it reminds me Morocco and the sea. It's one of those colours that for me always feels vibrant and full of energy, and in a home that's what you want to inject, a burst of vitality. So this selection of pottery from Jonathan Adler is right up my street, the beautiful gold pattern set on that bright glazed teal is just perfect. My favourite is the Electra Vase (top) it is described as “Crisp and refreshing, like a dip in the Aegean Sea.” Just what I was thinking! I love the shape, the weighty bottom with that tight snug neck make an unusual intriguing silhouette. I have selected a few different options from across ranges, but they all have that same Mediterranean feel to them. Jonathan Adler for me is best known for his quirky little pieces that revolve around majestic animals as butter dishes. I love his work it's humorous and full of character. But these vases have a completely different feel, they ooze a much more relaxed chilled vibe, which I love. Find out more information here.
Sophie xo








No comments:

Post a Comment