Friday 7 September 2012

Thomas Eriksson - Red cross cabinet



I am sad to say that this week has been a bit rubbish. There is a flu/cold/general groggy feeling sweeping through my house and we are all sitting about feeling sorry for ourselves. It's times like this when I am very thankful for tea and chocolate biscuits. But more than once in the last week I have found myself rummaging through my 'stuff draw' trying to find my stash of paracetamols. I decided I probably need some kind of medicine cabinet, unfortunately in my search for one, I have fallen in love with one for £615...hmm. It's designed by Thomas Eriksson for Cappellini. It's a brilliant and simple design that comes in several colours. My personal favourite has to be the classic red. The red cross is a classic symbol of medicine, and he turns this everyday symbol into a piece of functional design. Even cooler? This cabinet is a permanent feature in the Museum of Modern Art in New York. You can get it from DesignShop UK.
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment