Monday 24 September 2012

J Schatz - Cilindro Pendant



One thing you really don't see very often in lighting is the use of ceramic. We often see this versatile material being used for dinnerware, and occasionally wall lighting. However, these Cilindro pendants from J Schatz are completely made from Earthenware Ceramic. I have seen this kind of material for wall lighting, but always thought it would be too heavy for pendant use, JSchatz has proved me wrong and I'm so glad he did! This stunning glossy pendant is beautifully crafted, with an assortment of random holes poked into them to create stunning effect when lit. They are handmade in New York, so each one is completely individual. They come in seven different colours, but my personal favourite is the orange (I'm really into orange at the moment.) This would be perfect for a kitchen, I love the relationship between the ceramic plates and the ceramic light!
Sophie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment