Thursday 10 January 2013

Yvonne Ellen Ceramics



I don't know about you guys, but for me there is nothing more pleasing when it comes to illustration than simple designs with a lighthearted touch. I love getting a clear sense of character in them from the hands behind the drawing. These plates from Yvonne Ellen demonstrate this to a 'T'. Lighthearted depictions of animals going about their cheeky everyday antics make a brilliant collection of ceramics. I am particularly fond of the sneaky sting ray plate. I love that each is named to give the animal a certain characteristic, whether that be dapper, ghetto or crafty. These would look amazing as a centre piece or as a set on a wall. But I have to admit I don't think I would have the heart to eat off of one!
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment