Wednesday 3 October 2012

West Elm - Glass Blow Range



I can remember when I was about 10 years old I went on a school trip to the Isle of Wight, a little island just off the coast of Portsmouth. For those who have never heard of it, it's most famous for it's chalk hills and massive needle shaped rocks emerging from the sea – it probably sounds cooler than it is. Another thing that's famous there is their glasswork, I remember we went to a glass blowing factory and I was completely fascinated by the technique. Never have I seen that technique used so uniquely as with this Glass Blown range I spotted on WestElm. The use of a metal wire frame and the hand blown glass, create a dimpled effect which is just stunning. It's kind of like a bubble that's about to pop any second. These huge pendants come in a round ball shape and a long thin cylinder shape, personally I feel that the ball looks more natural and effective. It would be perfect in a kitchen or a set of 2 or 3 in a hallway. The best bit is that because they are hand blown each one is ever so slightly different.
Sophie xo




No comments:

Post a Comment