Tuesday 30 October 2012

Copper Pendant - Moroccan Style



Everybody has to love a cheeky little bit of Moroccan in their home. Whether it be a simple lantern in the corner or an unnatural amount of pom poms – the moroccan theme (for me) is one of those trends that's just works on so many levels. I think it's a mix of the exotic taste it brings to mind and...well growing up watching Aladdin 5 times a week that make me love it so much. Which is why I am so taken with these copper pendants I spotted on Terrain. All the brass shades are handmade, using traditional techniques. Each one is hammered and etched into with intricate patterns, which create a controversial and stunning approach to the use of shadow. I love it when lighting not only lights up a room but also plays with shadows, it creates atmosphere and a tony bit of drama. My favourite is probably the Pin Dot teardrop version, the long body and small pin pricks of light create a beautiful, subtle approach to lighting. Love them!
Sophie xo






No comments:

Post a Comment