Saturday 4 August 2012

Upholstery help!


So, I have just found (for a very thrifty £25) a new vintage chair. It's nothing massively special, I just loved the shape and style of it. But I am now in a monster predicament. How to upholster it?! The chair is above ( please ignore the super cool DVD's you see there... *cough*). Originally I was thinking something like the multi coloured stripes from Dransfield & Ross, I'm a sucker for those bright bold colours. Then I was thinking going for a more chevron pattern like these little beauties from Room Service LA, I love that cool grey and it would amazing in a light blue as well. My third option is to restore the wood to it's former glory and have a nicely patterned fabric like this light wood frame with an Ikat fabric, found on Toronto Life. So many options! If anyone out there has any ideas I would be happy to hear them! I am so awful at decision making! But for now it can stay being super comfy in the corner next to Lee Evans and The Lion King box set.
Sophie xo









No comments:

Post a Comment