Monday 18 June 2012

Korento dinnerware



I am a big fan of modern looking pieces, clean lines, bold shapes, I want all of that. But I love something with a little history to it, something with a bit of vintage, old school, belongs at your grandma’s house vibe to it. When the two come together they can sometimes just be a bit of a disaster but today I’m looking at Littala’s range of Korento ceramics, that just works oh-so well. These beautiful nature inspired pieces come from design combo Klaus Haapaniemi (who’s work I love! Follow up post coming soon) and Heikki Orvola. Klaus produced the stunning pattern, Heikki moulded it to fit the plates and cups. The use of rich colour and floral inspiration create a pattern that reminds me of summer and spring where everything is just right and the flowers are in bloom. Even better – this comes in two colour ways, a blue and an orange. My particular favourite piece from the collection are the 30cm plates, I love the design in both colours…but can’t decide which is prefer so I could just buy both? Find out more information here, and you can buy them from Cloudberry Living.
Sophie xo
Ps: Don't forget voting for the new bistro set is still open!






No comments:

Post a Comment