Sunday 9 December 2012

Wahaca - Mexican food at home


This morning as I woddled to work I kept thinking how much I fancied a good slap-up Mexican. As I have mentioned before, Mexican is for somewhat of a family tradition. Mexican food never fails to cheer me up, no matter what it is there is nothing like the warm burn you get from a good chorizo and bean stew (one of my sisters specialities!) So I decided to treat myself and buy a book I have been lusting over for ages. And oh my word – I'm so glad I did! Thomasina Miers is the mastermind behind Wahaca, probably one of my favourite mexicans in London. I bought Wahaca - Mexican food at home, which is full of simple recipes full of flavour. It doesn't help that all the pictures make my mouth water and I just want to cook it all! I'm going to try this fit looking breakfast combo – corn pancakes, crispy bacon, fried tomatoes and avocado dip. My flatmates have also put an order in for Queso fundido with chorizo – essentially a tomato and chorizo sauce with a cheese fondu on top! I especially love the cocktails section at the back – can't wait to try chocolate and chilli margaritas! I will let you know how it goes!!
Sophie xo







No comments:

Post a Comment